Needed to go and fix a problem with the web shop today. The company we use to deal with calculating shipping rates temporarily broke one of the rates we query in a way that the code I wrote was not sufficiently robust to deal with so I added another function to handle the operation that was failing more robustly and in the meantime the third party also fixed whatever it was that they messed up.


The logs show that it was just the one customer affected by this issue and as thanks for giving me the information needed to improve my code they're getting some free coffee.

· · Web · 0 · 0 · 0
Sign in to participate in the conversation
Typica Social

The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!